Addiction & Substance Abuse Recovery Coaching
Stopping an addictive behavior is as easy as just stopping. The hard part is living comfortably after you decide to quit. I can help you recover from all types of addiction and addictive behaviors including drug abuse, drug addiction, substance abuse, alcoholism, gambling, food addiction, prescription drug abuse, sex addiction, and problem addiction to other substances and activities. My commitment is to help you transform your life into one of purpose, peace and joy.
Call (404) 550-5343 for a Free Consultation.
Coaching sessions occur by phone or Skype for maximum effectiveness.
A coach that can relate to you.
My passion is helping people, especially those struggling with addiction and recovery. I recovered from alcoholism so I know what you're going through. I've been where you're at right now. I know how you feel, and I want to help you.
It's my desire that potential clients know the "real" me before you decide to hire me as your coach. I want you to know how much pain and suffering I caused to myself and the people I love most as I battled my 35 year addiction to alcohol and other addictive activities. My addictions cost me two marriages, a chance to have healthy personal relationships, jobs and promotions and the respect of my family and children. I want you to know how I suffered from low self esteem and persistent feelings of worthlessness. Every day was filled with guilt and shame over my addiction and the pain I caused others.
By all outward appearances I was successful and had a terrific life. For 30 years I held important corporate positions with some of the world's biggest companies and most recognizable brands. I had a big house, nice cars, a wife and beautiful children. It was everything a man could want, but it was all a lie. I was miserable, and I spent my life trying to fill the emptiness and medicate the pain with anything to make me feel better about myself. It was never enough to make me happy or build my self esteem. I didn't have a shred of peace or joy in my life. I was totally lost.
I hit "near" bottom several times before I decided enough is enough. It was time to grow up...emotionally. I was on the verge of destroying another marriage when I decided to take responsibility for my drinking and bad behavior. I had to change me before I could change my life. I used a five point process to make real changes in my life that I incorporate into my coaching practice.
Today my life is everything I always wanted. A fantastic marriage, the respect of my wife, children, family and friends. Living in the present is more fun than I ever had while drinking. I finally have the inner peace and joy I longed for. If I can do it, anyone can!
Education & Coaching Credentials
Georgia State University 1982
BA in Liberal Arts and Business
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Georgia Coach Association (GCA)
- Recovery Coaches International (RCI)
- National Association of Christian Ministers (NACM)
World Coach Institute (WCI) 2011 - 2012 Certifications Earned
- Master Coach - CCMC
- Addiction - CAC
- Christian Life - CRCC
- Group Coaching - CGC
- Laser Coach - CLC
- Marketing Coach - CMC
- SMART Recovery Group Leader
Business career includes 30 years of executive sales and management positions with:
- Hallmark Cards
- ConAgra Foods
- Born August 30, 1958.
- Happily married with six adult children and two grandchildren.
- Proud owner of two golden retrievers named Bennie and Buster
- Fun Fact: I am the father of NFL Super Bowl XLIV Champion and former New Orleans Saints safety Chris Reis. Chris became a part of Super Bowl history when he recovered the on-sides kick to start the second half against the Indianapolis Colts. We are currently working on a book together "Recovery of a Lifetime" that addresses my battle with alcoholism and my son's life and influence on my addiction recovery. Look for our book in February or March 2013.
- Most importantly, I am a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ.
Certified Master Coach
Dynamic Inspirational Speaker
CCMC, CAC, CCRC, CGC, CLC